AST Autocollimator provides fast & precise angle / attitude measurement capability. This includes addressing many applications and processes within HDD (Slider Fab, HGA (Head Gimbal Assembly), HSA (Head Stack Assembly), & Drive) and Tape Drive. The AST Autocollimator is also widely used for validating tooling and fixtures where angle / attitude and alignment is critical to the performance and capability of the process and / or part(s) being produced. AST’s Autocollimator is also capable of being integrated into existing process automation providing enhance control and real-time feedback.
Hard Drive Disk (HDD) Applications
Slider (R/W Magnetic Head) Fabrication
- Metrology – Autocollimators are widely used in high-volume HDD Slider fabrication factories for performing critical measurement on slider bars at different phases of the manufacturing process. AST computerized Autocollimator(s) can be integrated into a system to measure angle from a reference, perpendicularity, and parallelism. These systems can include automated handling and sorting capability
- Alignment – AST’s Autocollimator(s) are also widely utilized in HDD Slider fabrication factories for price angle feedback during critical alignment processes enabling real-time feedback to be achieved.
HGA (Head Gimbal Assembly) Fabrication
- Metrology – Autocollimators are utilized to address a number of processes within HGA fabrication factories. These include but are not limited to Suspension and HGA static attitude (PSA & RSA) as a standalone solution as well as integrated into HGA automation processes. Autocollimators are also utilized to validate system tooling and fixtures both as an integrated inline solution and off-line validation tool.
- Alignment – Real-time angle and attitude feedback during critical alignment processes
Tape Drive Applications
LTO Tape Heads
- Metrology & Alignment – Multiple applications and processes relating to magnetic head modules and assemblies. These include angle measurement of head modules during alignment, bonding, and validation.
All of our systems can be fully customized to meet your requirements. If you have questions about our product offerings or capabilities, please contact us for more information.